Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Biosness Mess

Last night I couldn't work on my current animation project, or anything else for that matter. I replaced my corrupt DVD writable with a new one, so that I could back up my data and after the install, I couldn't get past the Bios screen. Fortunately, today, the problem is solved. I had to reset my Bios back to the default configuration. Whew, I did not like imagining having to call Discreet (oh oops, the new name is, Autodesk Media and Entertainment) for my re-install authorization keys, and I can't even comprehend dealing with the zillions of plug-ins I have. I would say "so it's back to the drawing board" but to be perfectly accurate, I'll say "back to the viewports".......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just talking about it is making me want to cry. Though, I have a mac and for some reason, it acts like a PC half the time. Though, there is a reason for that. I kinda rewrote the BIOS on my Dad's PC and somehow that made it kinda smoke. So, I'm not allowed near PCs. Which animation program do you use?
Simi

4:07 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

That's interesting (and funny that you should mention) because I've heard so much about Mac stability, especially when it comes to graphics. I have used both Mac and PC, but I've only personally owned Windows systems. With all of the crashes I've experienced I started seriously thinking about the Mac, but, and this leads to your question, I use 3D Studio Max which does not have a Mac version - so I might not have any alternatives, at least for now.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home