Monday, January 30, 2006

The Documentary For WUSL

I finished the commission job for the documentary. I was very confined during this project due to the severe timeline. To create one animation in a few days is pushing it, but to create more than that, is all consuming. I was experiencing lack of sleep, visual phenomena, frequent headaches, dreaming in animation and waking up to the immediacy of trying to develop a couple animation pieces in a mere few days. It was challenging, it was.... fantastic. Initially, aware of the short timeline, the producer had asked if I had any stock animations for sale, but, I was fortunate enough to convince him to let me generate his specific needs. We both knew what this meant, he has over 15 years experience as a film editor and has worked with animators before. We worked together well and it was truly a pleasure. This project was for a movie covering emerging health care technologies at Washington University in St. Louis, MO in collaboration with the Children's hospital to generate 150 million dollars (no where near what I was paid of course) to fund research for developing new treatments. I was commissioned to create animations for Dr. Wooley's research on nanotechnology polymer work that may one day enable drug delivery systems relevant to the centers direct treatment of cancer and related illnesses. I was very pleased to be involved in something that could provide a visual for further understanding of what nanotech means for the future of disease, and of course, hopefully one day, a world without it. Here is my webpage where you can read more about the project and download the 3 animations.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it, Gina. It is all the more impressive with the time constraint you had. Kudos and may it land you bigger and better gigs.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank you kindly.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home