Friday, November 18, 2005

Update on PC Magazine

I spoke with the Art Director from Ziff Davis Media (PC Magazines parent company) and he was very apologetic regarding the lack of credit for the use of my Dermal Display image in their Nov. 22 issue. They promised a correction and did oblige my request to include at least a small version of the image, my name and webpage. The correction issue will be out on December 28th.

Popular Science (who I did send a PR email to regarding my Dermal display animation) did a brief blip with Robert A. Freitas Jr. about how the dermal display would work in the December issue page 26. Image: the original non credited page - click to enlarge.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you followed up with that with PC Mag. They should give you credit. Glad the renders finally went well for you after all the trouble you were having.

Mike James
VFXpodcast.com

12:32 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Yes, the PC mag issue really surprised me, but they seem genuinly apologetic.
The renders yes, I know now that I have to be in babysitter mode, checking the first frame of each new segment I render before continuing on with a complete batch. And, thank you! :n)

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gina, I'm glad your work is displayed on PC Mag.

FR

12:30 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank you Fernando, I hope things are well with you... : )

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home