Sunday, August 06, 2006

Gnarls Barkley



Take a look at the Gnarls Barkley video "Crazy", not only is it an interesting and at some point in our lives relatable anthem but the cgi work is fantastic. It uses the mirror effect through out and seemingly effortless blending from frame to frame. The end results leave you in the psychologist couch answering ink blot questions, in spite of that, I am very fond of this piece.
The animation work was done by the Telly award winning BL:ND of Santa Monica California and directed by Robert Hales. I can't tell what programs they are using from the info provided on their website but from the studio pictures I can see a dark image that could resemble one of my programs. Hard to tell, but it does look like they have a very healthy render farm, that would be nice!
You can also see Gnarls Barkley singing "Crazy" at the 2006 MTV music awards by clicking here, be prepared for the future, or is it the past? I love Chewbacca.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the song, and the video. Cool.
A. Hanson

7:15 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Me too! You know the more I watch the video the more little details become obvious. Rock on A!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I love looking at your animations, but afterwards, I feel a little inferior!!! ; )

8:49 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

You are superior jackie, I've seen your work!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love visiting your blog it's always such a treat. Thanks.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

You are too kind dear wendy, thank you!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

I am such a Star Wars nerd. I have pictures to prove it.

Is Gnarls Barkley a sci-fi nerd too?

6:52 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

That's kewl lady k! Looks like they are in your camp!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home