Thursday, August 10, 2006

One more album cover submission


Here is the second submission that I made today for the Neuroticfish competition, the same one as in the below post. By the way who ever wins gets the artwork on the sleeve and a credit on the inside of the cover. If I don't win, I am thankful for the motivation and I am happy with the end results, I especially like this one. The most difficult aspect of this piece was all those little letters in the silhouette, but I like the concept so it was worth it! It came to me when I was waiting for another version of my silhouette to render for a different concept, I got bored and continued working on this for what I thought would be the backdrop for my initial idea but then this became the final version and I never returned to the previous concept. Sometimes the best ideas happen when you least expect them.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lady K said...

Is it wrong for me to hope you will animate the figure? I'm spoiled for movement in your images.

I like this one best of the two submissions.

6:53 AM  
Blogger alaphrench said...

I like this one best too! Very eye catching and original!!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Hm, that is an interesting idea, I like it. Guess I'll wait to see what happens (If I win I will have to hand over the copyright), if nothing does, then I could look into adding some motion... thank you.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really cool, hope you win. I think it's great that you enter all these competitions and keep yourself occupied while getting new ideas.

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this one. Best of luck and hope you get the credit.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Awww, thank you, I should find out at the end of the month...

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home