Friday, January 04, 2008

Heinz Again!

click pic to enlarge
You may recall that back in August I had told you about the Heinz top this TV challenge - which you've probably also noticed advertized on recent Heinz ketchup bottles. I had made and submitted two animations for the contest but did not win. Well recently I received in my mailbox, a very small 2 inch tall ketchup bottle with my name on it - see the pic. They are running another contest that is the same as the first one. So I re-entered my previous entries. I don't think the end result will be any different for me, but since I already did the work the last time, there was no harm in giving it another shot. I have noticed that with a lot of these type of video contests they tend to go for the more average Joe with a hand held video camcorder. Appeasing to the every man. I don't see a lot of animations in the contests or many of them taking prizes. I don't know if they know that I really am - well not exactly an average Joe (unaverage Gina?), but that I am just one person doing all this work. They will pick 10 semi finalists in April and they will be whittled down from there. Either way, I like the bottle they sent me. But should I use it?

8 Comments:

Blogger Mod and Mint said...

Having your own personalized tiny Heinz bottle is too cool. I shouldn't use the ketchup inside. Leave it as a collectors item and get some regular ketchup from the store!
Keep us up to date if you do make it to the semi finalist. I'm rooting for you!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank you so much ismoyo!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Babelfish said...

Keep trying Gina, I believe you probably put in more work than the other participants, and you're definitely not an 'average joe'. You deserve to win.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I wouldn't use it Gina. That is so cool! You're right, you are far from average. If they don't pick you, they won't know what they missed but I'm saying a prayer! Keep us up-to-date!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Still Waters Studio said...

I definitely would keep the bottle. It's so cute! Good luck on the new contest.
Sherry

6:43 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

O! No! Don't use it! or Yeah, why not? How often do YOU get to use ketchup with your name on it? Either way, enJOY!!!!GOOD LUCK!!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi Gina,

What a neat project/ contest to enter. I would definitely NOT use the bottle of ketchup! It will be a "collector's item" and more "valuable" if you keep it original!

I am curious about what you submitted...I used to be a promotion producer for local tv stations. Do you have a link to it somewhere?

~ Jillian

12:42 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks Jillian, in the post you will see a link that says "two animations" which takes you to my original blog post, then click the link that says "my Heinz page by clicking here" OR you can copy and paste this link: http://www.nanogirl.com/personal/heinz.htm
They are also available at my youtube page here: http://www.youtube.com/user/nanogirl

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home